Back to main page
A Maxima-Gnuplot interface
This is a Maxima-Gnuplot interface.
There are three functions to be used at Maxima level: draw2d, draw3d and draw. To read the available documentation about functions, variables and graphic options, type as usual something as ? point_type.
More or less, this package works as follows. Scenes are described in gr2d or gr3d objects, which are then passed to function draw. If more than one scene is described, a multiplot will be generated, as in
but if you want only one scene, draw2d(...) and draw3d(...) are equivalent to draw(gr2d(...)) and draw(gr3d(...)), respectively. See examples bellow.
Type ? gr2d and ? gr3d to know available graphic objects in two and three dimensions.
You need at least Gnuplot 4.2 (better 4.2.2) and Maxima 5.14 to run this package. Type load(draw); to make use of it.
See also some statistical graphics generated by package descriptive, based on draw.
- (November, 2014) Color interpolation. See examples here and here
- (November, 2014) Klein bottle. See example
- (January, 2013) LaTeX in terminal epslatex_standalone. See example
- (March, 2012) Background colors. See examples
- (February, 2012) Complex values. See examples
- (January, 2012) User defined scene allocation in multiplots. See examples
- (January, 2012) Ying-Yang with filled area. See example
- (December, 2011) Wired surfaces. See example
- (March, 2011) User defined palettes. See example
- (November, 2010) Enhanced text in all supported terminals. See examples
- (November, 2010) Regions defined by inequalities. See examples
- (November, 2010) Error bars and boxes. See examples
- (July, 2010) SVG terminal. See examples
- (July, 2010) Coloring 3D objects. See examples
- (June, 2010) Butterfly in polar coordinates. See plot
- (June, 2010) Space transformations. See examples
- (June, 2010) Quadrilateral meshes. See examples
- (March, 2010) Tubes. See examples
- (December, 2009) Logo-like graphics. See examples
- (November, 2009) The Terrible Fait of Napoleon's Great Army in Russia. 1812. See plot
- (September, 2009) Plotting a matrix as a surface. See example
- (May, 2009) An example of 3d surface with no rectangular domain. See example
- (April, 2009) More options for colorbox in enhanced3d mode. See examples
- (April, 2009) Parametric 3d curves with colored 4th dimension. See example
- (February, 2009) Added examples on Bode diagrams. See examples
- (February, 2009) Give support for secondary x-axis. See example
- (February, 2009) Graphic object points admits lisp arrays as arguments, both in 2D and 3D plots.
- (January, 2009) Stacking multiple plots on one window. See example
- (January, 2009) Give support for secondary y-axis. See example
- (November, 2008) Graphics objects can be defined at Maxima level. See example
- (November, 2008) Add support for pdf terminal. See documentation for details.
- (October, 2008) Mesh lines can be drawn together with enhanced 3d surfaces. See example
- (October, 2008) Make enhanced 3d parametric surfaces look better. See example
Back to main page
by Mario Rodríguez Riotorto